The essential homeopathic medicines you should have for your summer, whether you travel or not.
Last Tuesday on Josh Lane’s radio show Here’s to Your Health, we discussed several homeopathic medicines that I recommend having available. Keep them at home or carry them with you if you go on vacation because you always get better and faster results when you can use those medicines ASAP. Here I am posting a summary of those essentials. To make it easier, you can get all those homeopathic medicines in 30C. You can buy all of them or pick and choose the ones that are the most appropriate for you. There are several ready-to-use kits available on the market, and the one I know best is the travel kit made by Boiron that contains 20 of the most commonly used homeopathic medicines.
- Sunburn: Apis and Belladonna: 5 pellets of each asap and repeat every 15 minutes for one or two hours. Apply Calendula ointment or lotion
- Earache when flying: Ferrum phosphoricum. Take 5 sublingual pellets 10 minutes before takeoff and 10 minutes before landing. You can repeat the dose if you start feeling pain in the ears.
- Swimmer’s ear: Capsicum 6C. Take 5 pellets every hour. For stabbing otalgia with congestive eardrum.
- Jet Lag: Cocculus indicus and Nux vomica: take 5 pellets of each AM and PM for a few days.
And for stiffness and swelling, take Arnica montana 5 pellets 3 times a day for 4 to 5 days.
- Motion sickness: Tabacum, Cocculus indicus or Petroleum. Take 5 pellets 1 h before, 5 pellets when you start moving and then as necessary.
- Apprehension when travelling: Gelsemium. Take 5 pellets the night before, 5 pellets the morning of, and 5 pellets 15 minutes before takeoff. If you are very nervous, you can start 2 days before, twice a day.
- ”Turista”/food poisoning: Arsenicum album. Take 5 pellets every 10 minutes for an hour and then as needed.
- Poison ivy: Rhus toxicodendron. Take 5 pellets 3 to 6 times a day. Decrease frequency with improvement.
- Rhus diversiloba. Take 5 pellets 3 to 6 times a day. Decrease frequency with improvement.
- Jellyfish sting: Urtica urens. 5 pellets sublingually as soon as possible, then every 10 minutes for an hour and every 2 hours after that.