Cancers are generally treated with very aggressive medications that also cause a lot of side effects. There is not much that conventional medicines can do to help the patients tolerate their treatments. This is a situation where homeopathic medicines are quite successful at making life easier for those who are not only undergoing a serious illness but also harsh treatments. Here are some suggestions that are worth considering and discussing with oncologists or primary care physicians:
Homeopathic protocol to reduce nausea induced by chemotherapy
- Cocculus Indicus 30C
- Tabacum 30C
- Petroleum 30C
- Nux vomica 30C
Five pellets every hour when nausea is intense, then 3 times a day. Those medicines can be taken together.
Homeopathic protocol for radiotherapy
According to the symptoms induced by the radiations, choose from those medicines, and combine them if necessary: 5 pellets after each session
- Radium bromatum 9C: for burns and low-back pain
- Belladonna 9C: for burning redness
- Apis 15C: for burning sensation that is improved by cold applications
- Fluoricum acidum 9C: for trophic lesions of the skin
And topically, use Calendula cream, ointment or lotion: it contains the extract of the Garden Marigold that has a direct action on skin regeneration.
- Helps prevent radiation dermatitis. Soothes and restores irradiated skin by promoting the formation of granulation tissue, an important step in the healing of wounds.
- In addition, the terpenes, flavones, and alkaloids present in the calendula’s essential oil have anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory effects.